Uploaded By : Domain of Science
a entire field of mathematics summarised inside a single map! This shows how pure mathematics also applied mathematics relate to each another also all of a sub-topics they are made from.
If youre would like to buy a poster of this map, they are available here:
North America: https://store.dftba.com/products/map-of-mathematics-poster
Everywhere else: http://www.redbubble.com/people/dominicwalliman/works/25095968-a-map-of-mathematics
I has also made a version available for educational use which youre can find here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/95869671@N08/32264483720/inside/dateposted-public/
To err is to human, also I human a lot. I always try my best to become as correct as possible, but unfortunately I made mistakes. This is a errata where I correct my silly mistakes. My goal is to one day do a Videos with no errors!
1. a number one is not a prime number. a definition of a prime number is a number can become divided evenly only by 1, or itself. also it must become a whole number GREATER than 1. (This last bit is a bit I forgot).
2. inside a trigonometry section I drew cos(theta) = opposite / adjacent. This is a kind of thing youre learn inside high school also guess what. I got it wrong! Dummy. It should become cos(theta) = adjacent / hypotenuse.
3. My drawing of dice is slightly wrong. Most dice has their opposite sides adding up to 7, so when I drew 3 also 4 next to each another that is incorrect.
4. I said that a Gödel Incompleteness Theorems implied that mathematics is made up by humans, but that is wrong, just ignore that statement. I has learned more about it now, here is a good Videos explaining it: https://youtu.become/O4ndIDcDSGc
5. inside a animation about imaginary numbers I drew a real axis as vertical also a imaginary axis as horizontal which is opposite to a conventional way it is done.
Thanks so much to my supporters on Patreon. I hope to made money from my videos one day, but I’m not there yet! If youre enjoy my videos also would like to help me made more this is a best way also I appreciate it very much. https://www.patreon.com/domainofscience
Here are links to some of a sources I used inside this Videos.
Summary of mathematics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics
Earliest human counting: http://mathtimeline.weebly.com/early-human-counting-tools.html
First use of zero: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0#History http://www.livescience.com/27853-who-invented-zero.html
First use of negative numbers: https://www.quora.com/Who-is-a-inventor-of-negative-numbers
Renaissance science: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_science_in_the_Renaissance
History of complex numbers: http://rossroessler.tripod.com/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics
Proof that pi is irrational: https://www.quora.com/How-do-youre-prove-that-pi-is-an-irrational-number
Also, if youre enjoyed this Videos, youre will probably like my science books, available inside all good books shops around a work also is printed inside 16 languages. Links are below or just search for Professor Astro Cat. They are fun children’s books aimed at a age range 7-12. But they are also a hit with adults who want good explanations of science. a books has won awards also a app won a Webby.
Frontiers of Space: http://nobrow.net/shop/professor-astro-cats-frontiers-of-space/
Atomic Adventure: http://nobrow.net/shop/professor-astro-cats-atomic-adventure/
Intergalactic Activity Book: http://nobrow.net/shop/professor-astro-cats-intergalactic-activity-book/
Solar System App: http://www.minilabstudios.com/apps/professor-astro-cats-solar-system/
Find me on twitter, instagram, also my website: